JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS

Members-only forum, post in English and/or Japanese!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Videogames you are currently playing.

+5
Ces Chavez
BrianBerry
cl
Shar
NickAustria
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 am

gem_vidal

gem_vidal

Went the cheaper route and bought the 120gb. I wanted to buy Avatar for blue-ray to test the ps3, but I figure I better stop buying stuff...damn.

27Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:14 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Is it a fatty? Either way, bring it when you come to Japan, it's a must :P! Great Japanese practice/exposure during play time.

Although I'm still annoyed at FFXIII... I actually typed up some stuff while playing it by pressing the O button with my toe. No joke. I swear it's way too automated and linear, and there is almost no actual gameplay. Argh, pissy mood

28Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:02 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Gem are you bringing your PS3?

29Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:25 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII

Here we go, perfect review of FFXIII lol or at least the first 5 hours.

30Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 am

gem_vidal

gem_vidal

Gem are you bringing your PS3?

Yeah I was planning to, I just bought the darn thing after all lol.

31Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:37 pm

cl

Hay guys, when you get to Japan, make sure you don't be like Ray and get a god damn TV so we can communicate over ps3 games. k thanx

32Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Brian and Chris- what are the going prices for PS3 these days in Japan? New and used?

33Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 pm

cl

I bought my used ps3 for about 200 dollars and I see new ones popping up for 240 dollars. You most likely will not be in Tokyo, so shit will be a lot cheaper for you. Pretty much, fuck Tokyo. Never buy any games there because from what I saw from Brian, they try to rip off the average tokyo-ite

34Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:10 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Wow. That's a lot less than the ps3's here. Ours go for 300 new and like 250 used.

35Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

cl wrote: Pretty much, fuck Tokyo. Never buy any games there because from what I saw from Brian, they try to rip off the average tokyo-ite

Yup, things seem to cost more especially at the stores. I got my ps3 used and it was 3man, but of course I got a fatty one which are becoming more rare (but I'm getting black squares of void sometimes on bf1943 which has me worried about the system now....).

Just bring your ps3 Nick I thought you had one, don't REbuy it.

36Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my $250 dollars of gamestop credit.

37Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:26 am

cl

NickAustria wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my $250 dollars of gamestop credit.

Buy some psn store credit? XD I'm tempted to buy some because I want to watch some HD animu on my ps3 XD

38Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

NickAustria wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my $250 dollars of gamestop credit.

Get a few decent games, extra controller...? PS Store credit is a good idea, but of course it won't work for Japanese games here.

Get BF 1943 and play with me and kill some Japanese :P~

39Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Yeah I was thinkin about getting some games, but nothing appeals to me that I don't already have.

40Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:17 pm

cl

Why does no one seem to want to play MAG?? It's rather addicting once you level up a bit.

41Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:30 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

I dunno, it just held no draw for me. Too many people (even moderate teams you end up with morons in a can all the time), the cost is high (at least in tokyo), too much time invested... I dunno.

42Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 pm

cl

BrianBerry wrote:I dunno, it just held no draw for me. Too many people (even moderate teams you end up with morons in a can all the time), the cost is high (at least in tokyo), too much time invested... I dunno.

Too many people? You are in a squad of 8 people. How is that too many people?

Cost is high? Compared to FF13?....which you rant about on here all the time.

Morons on the team? You are on Japan time, so a lot of the people you will play with are Japanese....and the morons usually are kicked within a few minutes. I really would like to get a squad of only J-Club people.

And what is "Too much time invest"?!?!?! XD

43Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:06 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

I just played Hokuto Musou. It's really fun, but I don't know what I'm doing a lot of the times lol. It's really cool though because it's like playing the manga.

44Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:58 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Slow down I can only come up with excuses so fast!!

Nick, write down what you don't know in context and pump it in to anki, or at least some sentences. Push!!! You GOTTA GET THAT JAPANESE UP. Best to do as much as you can before getting here. Especially the kanji!

45Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm

cl

Anyone planning on getting lost planet 2?

46Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Next games for me is the Xenosaga series. Not as good as xenogears, but you can pause and read the subtitles and look up stuff!

47Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

I ordered Heavy Rain, Resonance of Fate, and Uncharted 2 from gamestop with credit. Probably not going to play any LOL.

48Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

I tried the demo for heavy rain. In the demo, and I assume in the full release (at least in Japan?) you can switch between English and Japanese audio, subtitles and such. You can pause and look the stuff up too I think.

49Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:40 am

gem_vidal

gem_vidal

NickAustria wrote:I ordered Heavy Rain, Resonance of Fate, and Uncharted 2 from gamestop with credit. Probably not going to play any LOL.

I loved the demo for Heavy Rain and I read a good review on Resonance of Fate, but the battle system sounds complicated. Maybe I'll finally trade in my PSP games since my disc reader is broken. Stupid warranty.

Oh yeah Nick, are you bringing your PS3?

50Videogames you are currently playing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

I am probably going to bring my ps3. It's a waste to just let it rot while I'm in Japan and an equal waste to buy a new one in Japan after I already have one. Just a little annoying to bring (since its the huge fat one), but shouldn't be too much of a prob in the end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum