JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS

Members-only forum, post in English and/or Japanese!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Videogames you are currently playing.

+5
Ces Chavez
BrianBerry
cl
Shar
NickAustria
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Videogames you are currently playing. Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Currently Playing Mass Effect and Modern Warfare 2 online. Last game I beat was Dragon Age: Origins and it was awesome. Looking forward to Final Fantasy 13 and 14.

Shar

Shar
Admin

Modern Warfare 2 online when I have time. Maybe more again after the wedding/honeymoon!

Still in the middle of Eternal Sonata.

I started Persona 4 but haven't made it past um, the first dungeon. Ha!

I'm excited for FF13 also. Shipping very soon!!

http://www.mmm-fruit.com

cl

Currently playing MAG. I'm waiting for March to come so I can get on 龍が如く4 and 北斗無双. We gotta party up on FF14!!!!

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Those games are going to be dope and I wish I could play them but my Japanese is not good right now.

FF14! We are going to have Takuma be the white mage.

5Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 am

cl

Man, your Japanese is enough! It'd be a good way to get new vocab and speaking patterns.

Fuck man, today, I bought Demons Souls and realized that you can play with American players..... Sad day...

Shar

Shar
Admin

FF14 for sure!! I am so excited.

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Best topic EVAAAAR :P!

Left 4 Dead 2, Shenmue (haven't played in a while though...) Finished Braid, and World of Goo a few months ago.

Haven't had too much time for games I want to play the new FF, but of course no play station 3 so... If the scholarship comes through, I'm getting that as my reward to myself. I want to find an old FAT ps3 so I can play the ps2 games i brought with me (please keep a look out Chris hehe!)

I heard very good things about Demon Souls, it sounds like the modern version of Ghosts n' Goblins

Oh, and Shar playing MW2?? lol

Shar

Shar
Admin

It's good stress relief.

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

I really gotta get Hokuto Musou when it comes out. I'll just have my DS ready to translate everything haha.

Demon Souls seems so intimidating because someone can just pop in your game and kill you LOL.

10Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Demon Soul's sounds and looks great, kind of like the return of old school brutal difficulty.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/61549 Games like this

11Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:39 am

Ces Chavez

BrianBerry wrote:Finished Braid

Yay for Braid! All you people NEED to play and finish this game. Have you collected all the puzzle pieces Brian? If so, what did you think of the ending? (No spoilers though, send me a PM :P)

I'm playing Mass Effect, 'Splosion Man with my friend David, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I'm specially sad about the last one since a memory corruption glitch caused my save file to be erased, and I have to start all over again (I think I was about 5-7 hours in already).

And the main reason why starting over sucks is that, even though the game is really cool so far, there are these incredibly frustrating sections where you are running away from skinned monstrosities in a maze-like game world. It is so easy to get lost and run in circles for like 30 minutes, only to get killed and have to do the entire section again.

12Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Oh yeah, I got all the puzzle pieces, all without any cheating. The ending was very well done and inventive.

Gotta hate memory glitches It saves to back up games that are long every once in a while. Although I haven't liked a Silent Hill game since the third one. It all went down from 4 (which could have been very good) and hasn't come back

13Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:35 am

cl

龍が如く4 this month!!!

This game is like the grand child of Shenmue! I cant wait to buy it!

14Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 am

stephjpan

stephjpan

逆転検事(ぎゃくてんけんじ)

I was playing it in Japanese, but then I stopped for a while and forgot where I was. The English version came out, so I started playing that instead. The names are definitely more amusing and make more sense in Japanese, though.

15Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

The gyakuten games are insanely hard for me to follow in Japanese... maybe the flow of logic combined with tons of words I don't know is a bit too much. I'm just happy I made it through the DS Zelda game lol

16Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 am

gem_vidal

gem_vidal

Sadly I haven't been playing lately, but the last game I played was Lost Odyssey. I played Persona 4 for a bit when I bought it, but I stopped around the 2nd or 3rd dungeon.

I wish I can say FFXIII, but I'm hunting for a PS3 right now (anyone know a good place with a good deal? 120 GB preferred!). For some reason I don't want to get it for the 360. I guess I'm just a Playstation girl at heart =P

17Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:01 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Just got a PS3 Fatty here and FFXIII looks great, but on the free tv I got... I can't read ANY of the kanji :/

If you get a PS3, try to find a fatty if you can so you can at least play the ps 2 games.

18Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

I just finished Demon's Souls. I kind of don't want to go back to Mass Effect because it's Mass Boring.

19Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Damn, nice job finishing Demon Souls, just the beginning of it seems hard. Wish games were like that more. Too easy and "baby hand holding" like FFXIII is. FFXIII is an ok game, but WAY WAYYYYYY too linear. It's like walking on a straight line of just battle after battle. I can't believe they thought this was a good idea. It's beyond linear to an insane degree most of the game so far, and while I am still enjoying it over all, they really screwed up big doing it this "straight forward."

20Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:05 pm

stephjpan

stephjpan

I don't have a PS3, so no FFXIII for me. :'( Maybe over the summer though!

I just finished Gyakuten Kenji. I played through it again in English and finished the last case in English because I lost track of where I was in the Japanese version.

Pokemon Heart Gold... start! I'm interested to use the PokeWalker, haha. I'm a dork, I know. :3

21Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:43 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Yeah Alan pretty much hated 13 because he had to walk in a straight line. I still want to try it out though.

I just ordered Hokuto Musou for PS3. It's not even shipping out until the 7th. So now it's another thing I have to wait for.

Last edited by NickAustria on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

22Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Yeah, walking in a straight line through it is a damn good reason to hate the game. I was REALLY disappointed about that. There is no exploring or adventure at ALL in FFXIII! The first Super Mario Bros. was LESS linear than FFXIII!

BTW, PanPan girl, since you seem to be the ONLY PERSON who has posted a Haiku, it is looking like you'll win by default. I still can't believe not a SINGLE PERSON even tried to post a haiku... :/ Really disappointing. Cesar said he announced it at the meeting, I saw the email, and eve Ito-sensei told her class. WTF desu!?

Anyway, if you do end up winning by default, I'll chat with you and maybe we can work out something that is the equivalent of 900 yen or so, like if you want a ds game, or Japanese game/movie, etc, instead of 100 yen store stuff.

23Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Shar

Shar
Admin

Also playing FF13 right now. About 16 hours in now. Storyline is interesting; good graphics and music. A little too linear - I also miss exploring. But, I hear the game is about 55 hours give or take to beat, so that means I might actually finish this.

24Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 am

gem_vidal

gem_vidal

I am finally playing FFXIII on my newly acquired PS3 (no 3 discs for me, thankyouverymuch). I pretty much agree with what everyone's saying on how linear the game is. I miss going into people's houses and taking their crap. =P Love the world and story so far.

I also tried the demo for Heavy Rain and I kinda liked it! I also downloaded another RPG demo, but the name escapes me right now...something to do with fairytale?...

25Videogames you are currently playing. Empty Re: Videogames you are currently playing. Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:58 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

What type of ps3 you get?

I do enjoy FFXIII, but the game-on-rails issue is REALLY disappointing. Got a bit frustrated recently, and I'm getting lost on the story more and more unfortunately due to my limited Japanese ability. Damn military talk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum