JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS

Members-only forum, post in English and/or Japanese!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommended J-music?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recommended J-music? Empty Recommended J-music? Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:23 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Since there was a movies and drama thread, I figure I would start a music one.

My favorite singer is Emi Hinouchi. Her music is R&B and you might remember her from M-flo's Summer Time Love. Check out Kataomoi and Goodie Memories.

My favorite band is 9mm Parabellum Bullet. You should check out the song Supernova and The World.

Does anyone have suggestions for hip-hop/rap? Can you recommend pop stuff that sounds more like late N'sync or Big Bang (I don't like that cheezy sounding Arashi stuff)? Thanks!

2Recommended J-music? Empty Re: Recommended J-music? Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:40 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

I'm a little curious what people might recommend too.

Oddly enough I've found I tend to like a couple "lively enka" songs more than most J-pop music. (my taste I guess would be the opposite of the rap-hip-hop sort of deal)

I'm guessing Amber will have tons of recommendations.

3Recommended J-music? Empty Re: Recommended J-music? Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:28 am

Raybuster

Raybuster

I'll drop a few names, but not that many so other folks can drop some too =P

Hip Hop / Rap? What kind of hip hop? Here are some I like.
Rip Slyme
nobodyknows+
WISE

Pop? Here are some that I've been listening to more lately.
Miura Daichi
EXILE
COLOR

http://subtlemayhem.blogspot.com

4Recommended J-music? Empty Re: Recommended J-music? Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 am

GodsGirl7

GodsGirl7

(I don't like that cheezy sounding Arashi stuff)

HEY NOW.

Anyways. lol

Does anybody here listen to DBSK/TVXQ/Tohoshinki, as they're known in Japan? They're Korean, and they sing hip hop/R&B. They're really good (and also really popular in Japan nowadays). They have lots of great music, both Korean and Japanese. I think you might possibly like them, Nick? Maybe? Unlike Johnny's *cough*, they're all really talented singers and dancers. I can rec specific songs if you want. And, um, I know they're Johnny's and all, but KAT-TUN has some songs you might possibly like, like Don't U Ever Stop. They're the most musically "edgy" Johnny's group, with mostly hip-hop/R&B/rock songs.

I personally mostly listen to j-rock (when I'm not listening to Johnny's music...). I have about a million favorite bands, including, but not limited to: Aqua Timez, UVERworld, Asian Kung-fu Generation, Orange Range (I'll call them j-rock even though they seem to cover a bunch of...weird...genres), One OK Rock, Ellegarden (one of my all-time favorites, with English that actually sounds like English!), Stereopony (awesome girl band!), flumpool (pretty popular as of late), GReeeeN, and No Regret Life.

Some female vocalists I like (when I listen to them, lol) are Ito Yuna, Yui (everyone likes her), Wakeshima Kanon, alan, Kiroro, Abe Mao, and Ayaka (freaking lucky girl, married to Mizushima Hiro).

...And I have rambled on plently long enough now. My bad. I get excited about this kind of stuff, lol. Brian was right.

http://godsgirl7.livejournal.com

5Recommended J-music? Empty Re: Recommended J-music? Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 am

Shar

Shar
Admin

I also mostly listen to J-rock instead of pop/hip-hop, and lots of all-female bands. My favorites include GO!GO!7188 and TsuShiMaMiRe. My favorite all-male band is ART-SCHOOL.

http://www.mmm-fruit.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum