JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS

Members-only forum, post in English and/or Japanese!

You are not connected. Please login or register

mic check. 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mic check. 1 Empty mic check. 1 Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:14 am

jeff_M

Yo, what's up everyone. I actually did the Co-Op internship last summer, and it was possibly one of the greatest experiences of my life thus far. Applying to the internship is nothing really all that strenuous. First off, hit up Masuyama sensei to get her reccomendation and then she'll hook you up with Dr. Gunter. Then you just hit him up for an interview where he asks you about your motives and "tests" your japanese ability. Really nothing serious though. Anyway theres a $250 app fee, aaanndddd you gotta fund the whole trip pretty much by yourself.

With that said, I don't really have much advice but to be yourself. Also, don't be afraid to speak Japanese (as you will quickly find out that you kinda have to). Most of the people that get into this internship are at least past the 2b level. Have confidence in your ability to speak, cuz you put in the work to learn and Masuyama Sensei wouldn't let you do this internship if she did not believe you can handle it.

Other than that, this is a great opportunity to learn not only language, but it is also an opportunity to learn about japanese lifestyle, cultre, and...about CO-OP.

If anyone has any questions hit me up, I dunno if anything i posted is of any use, LOL. smh

2mic check. 1 Empty Re: mic check. 1 Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:57 am

cl

Be ready to work a Japanese register during rush hour. hahahah

Good times.

3mic check. 1 Empty Re: mic check. 1 Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:06 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Nice post!

4mic check. 1 Empty Re: mic check. 1 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Nice Jeff! Thank you! I always kind of wish I would have had a chance to do something like this too, just to see how the work stuff is in that situation. It sounded really interesting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum