JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS

Members-only forum, post in English and/or Japanese!

You are not connected. Please login or register

CSUS JET Dynasty

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 CSUS JET Dynasty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Shar and I got in. Thanks for all the help. I'm floatin right now so wowwwwwwww.

THANKS GUYS! I'm excited.

View user profile

2 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 am

Shar

Admin
thanks all! can't wait to have a j-alumni reunion in japan, and then we should do it again in a couple of years when we are back in california!

View user profile http://www.mmm-fruit.com

3 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 am

Welcome to the gravy train folks. Congratulations.

For now don't make any definite plans. You got in, but you still do not know what type of situation you will be in until next month. Sit tight, because the waiting game is not over . XD

View user profile

4 Sac State cred? on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 am

Nice topic title, since it's kind of true. I'm pretty sure Sac State has a rep for turning out JET candidates. Thanks to our awesome support system!

View user profile

5 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:59 am

Chris is right, the placement issue isn't settled yet. That's the next big waiting game. Don't get put in Niigata like I did. Hope you get Chiba or something, but I expect those spots are full.

View user profile

6 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 am

A few spots will be opening in Chiba. One of those spots will be in my town(the most inconvenient town in Kanto)!!!

View user profile

7 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:16 am

Hope one of you put Chiba then

View user profile

8 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm

We actually both put Chiba as second choice!

View user profile

9 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Niiice. Hope you didn't waste your first choice on Tokyo though Saitama maybe?

View user profile

10 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:01 pm

I put Tokyo, Tokyo, and Tokyo.

Nah. Hamamatsu City, Chiba Pref, Hyogo pref

View user profile

11 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 am

Not bad picks. Picking a region like that I'd expect you'd get at least somewhere near those, but it always depends on openings it seems, and unknown dice rolling.

View user profile

12 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:18 am

BrianBerry wrote:Not bad picks. Picking a region like that I'd expect you'd get at least somewhere near those, but it always depends on openings it seems, and unknown dice rolling.

It also depends where the dart lands after they throw it, or what they pick out of a hat.

View user profile

13 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:21 am

Is it me, or can I always tell who got rejected. Those people usually put down the JET program with no good reason.

View user profile

14 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:03 am

cl wrote:Is it me, or can I always tell who got rejected. Those people usually put down the JET program with no good reason.

I don't know man. Maybe they are destined to fail if their heart isn't in it.

View user profile

15 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 am

Just talked to Peter today and some other alumni at the JETAA Hanami. He remembers all of you guys (Brian Berry... he didn't want to talk about you LOL) and apparently Sac State is the school that has the 2nd most accepted JETS this year. WOooo.

View user profile

16 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 am

LOL XD

I'm good at making enemies everywhere I guess. But hey, long story short it was pretty much Todai or JET in Niigata. Soooo

View user profile

17 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:42 am

Congrats to everyone that got in! :] I'm really happy for all of you~!

View user profile

18 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 am

Thanks Stephanie!

View user profile

19 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 am

Way to represent. Sac State is like the JET factory. iono

View user profile

20 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 am

NickAustria wrote:Just talked to Peter today and some other alumni at the JETAA Hanami. He remembers all of you guys (Brian Berry... he didn't want to talk about you LOL) and apparently Sac State is the school that has the 2nd most accepted JETS this year. WOooo.

Oooh, did you ask what the first school is? Haha

View user profile

21 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey guys, I noticed something today. I just changed from one big junior high school to two smaller junior high schools. There is a big difference in that the kids in the bigger junior high school tend to be assholes(even the girls), while the kids from the smaller school are extremely friendly. Anyway, you guys better hope you get a smaller schools. If not, I hope you have a high tolerance for getting glares from students and being a human tape recorder.

View user profile

22 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:01 pm

gem_vidal wrote:
NickAustria wrote:Just talked to Peter today and some other alumni at the JETAA Hanami. He remembers all of you guys (Brian Berry... he didn't want to talk about you LOL) and apparently Sac State is the school that has the 2nd most accepted JETS this year. WOooo.

Oooh, did you ask what the first school is? Haha

Nah. A lot of people were from Berkeley, but then again there were only like 7 newbies there.

cl wrote:Hey guys, I noticed something today. I just changed from one big junior high school to two smaller junior high schools. There is a big difference in that the kids in the bigger junior high school tend to be assholes(even the girls), while the kids from the smaller school are extremely friendly. Anyway, you guys better hope you get a smaller schools. If not, I hope you have a high tolerance for getting glares from students and being a human tape recorder.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope I get a smaller school then.

View user profile

23 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey guys, what workshops are you guys planning on going to? Me, Ray, or Toure can give you a heads up on if it's useful or not (except the married couple one).

View user profile

24 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 pm

What ones are there? I heard the driving one was stupid, and the asian one was OK. What are some actually useful ones?

View user profile

25 Re: CSUS JET Dynasty on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm

"Asian one" what is that :P? 2 minutes of them telling you that people will think you're Japanese and get confused when you're not?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum