JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JAPAN CLUB BEYOND BORDERS

Members-only forum, post in English and/or Japanese!

You are not connected. Please login or register

So Active.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So Active..... Empty So Active..... Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 pm

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

jk

2So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:53 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Yeah, I know. I'm always wondering how to bring in current J-club members into this forum, but none of the new people seem to join. I need to ask Chris Ellis again about this. Not sure if he ever mentioned it. I wish this forum was also linked to the main site, not just the Alumni section.

Let me know if you got any ideas.

3So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

From what I heard, there isn't any new blood. The presidents never supported the alumni club either, so it's nearly impossible for us. I definitely don't want to give up, but it seems that unless the main club joins we can't really do much.

4So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:41 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Yeah, I'm not liking where this is going either one bit. Honestly, I'm not sure what is going on back at J-club right now. I know it is still active from what I have seen, but if there is a main generational GAP between us and the next major generation, they aren't gonna have any idea who we even are to contact us, or want to.

5So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Contacted Masuyama-sensei and Jamie about the site update (seems we are now locked off from editing the site since Jamie lost her saclink account... dumbass Sac State) and I mentioned the difficulty in communication. I asked for a bit of an update as to the club as well, so we'll see.

6So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:57 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Good work, Brian!

7So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Update: Stephanie is going to temporarily take over the site updates. Also, Masuyama-sensei is going to attend the next meeting to see what can be done about bringing J-Club and Alumni closer and what can be done.

8So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

New website layout and some new content is up! Stephanie is handling the website stuff for now, and Jamie worked out a few things with her content wise it seems.

We'll see if I get anything back from J-Club via Masuyama-sensei in regards to workign with them closer.

9So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 am

NickAustria

NickAustria
Admin

Nice dude. Progress. Looks like we have a new member too!

10So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:45 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

When we get time later, we can rethink some things on how we use the forum, and the goal of J-Alumni as well. I can try to contact people in J-club and others to see what we can do to get things moving forward.

Right now most of our communication goes through Facebook it seems.

11So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:27 pm

stephjpan

stephjpan

Oh, I can totally link the forums to the main website at the top.

And I am quite supportive of the J-Alumni - just let me know what I can do to help. :] I am not on the forums as much as I would like, but feel free to send me a FB message or an e-mail.

12So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:33 pm

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Thanks Panpan~ Yeah, would be nice to get it active, but I almost wonder about starting a J-Alumni groups too on Facebook, might be more accessable

13So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 am

Shar

Shar
Admin

Brian, I'm thinking FB group is easier. We're using FB for our prefecture's AJET group and it is working great.

http://www.mmm-fruit.com

14So Active..... Empty Re: So Active..... Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:53 am

BrianBerry

BrianBerry
Admin

Sounds like a good idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum